Working as part of the Marina team, reporting to the Marina Management. You will help maintain the smooth operation of the Marina and provide exceptional customer service to our current and future moorers.
Hours of work: To be confirmed, including weekends on a rota and out of hours emergency cover.
Place of work: Based at Buckden Marina, Mill Rd, Buckden, Cambridgeshire
- Complete daily boat and jetty/pontoon checks, ensuring safety and updating information regarding occupancy.
- Provide quayside services to moorers and visitors: diesel, coal, wood, pump out etc.
- Process payments and paperwork for services.
- Proactively sell berths encouraging new customers to take up moorings within the Castle Marinas group and maintain existing customers.
- Reception duties, responding to customer enquiries in person or by telephone.
- Check and maintain stock levels e.g. gas, coal, logs, diesel etc.
- Carry out general site maintenance e.g. grass/reed cutting and strimming, perimeter fence repairs, weed control, jetty/pontoon cleaning and repair, pathway maintenance, pressure washing and maintenance projects.
- Assist the marina office with allocation of berths.
- Carry out facilities checks - buildings and equipment.
- Carry out marina security duties including occational manning the marina mobile phone, outside normal working hours.
- Take individual responsibility for health and safety requirements on the marina.
The above list is not exhaustive and, to meet the needs of the business, you should be prepared to complete additional duties which may arise from time to time, and at the request of the Marina Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £19,000.00 per year