Operating COVID safe Waterside & Marina locations
Following the latest Government announcements regarding the new 3 tier system, we wanted to reassure you that we continue to review our COVID safe operating procedures in line with Government advice and designed to keep you, other customers and our team members safe while on the marina.
At present none of our marinas fall under the Tier 3 ‘Very High’ regulations, therefore whilst our advice and recommendations remain as below we would advise you check the full and latest Government guidance at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus regarding different geography across the UK before making a trip.
At Aquavista, we are here to help our customers discover and enjoy the very best of waterside life. Our ambition is for each of our marinas to deliver a memorable waterside experience, provide outstanding service and great facilities which you can be confident are managed in a COVID aware environment.
All of our 18 Waterside & Marina locations have been risk assessed and are fully compliant with the Government Covid secure scheme. They have also all been certified under the Visit Britain ‘We’re good to go’ accreditation.
Acquiring this Industry Standard mark means that Aquavista business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Throughout the pandemic our focus has been to look after our teams and provide the essential health and safety levels and services to our customers.
As we recognise that the pandemic is far from over there are some key points to adhere to at all times, if you are visiting one of our locations:
- Please refer to the latest Government advice around travel restrictions into and out of areas considered ‘Very High’
- Please call our marina crew ahead of your visit – our contact details can be found on each marina page
- If the marina you wish to visit is within a 'local lock down' please follow the guidance set out by the Government
- Please adhere to the 'rule of 6' and 'hands, face, space' behaviour
- Please follow 2 metres social distancing at all times (although the Government has relaxed social distancing 1 metre plus, we’d prefer to state a minimum distance)
- Please scan the NHS Test and Trace QR code on your arrival to the marina – you will find this at the marina entrance, jetty entrances and at the waterside & marina office
- If you are entering a jetty, please let others leave safely first
- Please continue to wash your hands regularly and make use of the hand sanitising stations in each of our marinas – and these are clearly signposted for your use and easy access.
- Our marinas offices will operate a one in one out policy, except for Apsley, Diglis, Poplar and Ripon Waterside & Marina, as they are smaller in size and will not be open to personal visits.
- Our marinas offices have Perspex screens on the counter and clear floor markings to easily enable the required social distancing
- Where we have shops and chandleries, please wear a face cover. Payment will also be limited to card in these areas.
- Whilst our shared facilities are open to all customers (showers, toilets, laundries etc), we recommend that to minimise numbers visiting these, customers use their own on board facilities wherever possible.
- Chemical toilet disposal, pump out facilities and laundry facilities are open (with some restrictions in place), however if you find others using the facilities when you arrive, please maintain the 2m distance rule and stand back until they have finished.
- Our outdoor social spaces are open for up to 6 different people from separate households, but please do not meet on jetties or boats
- Follow all guidance and signage in place – it is there to help us all stay COVID-19 aware
- If you are, or a household member is experiencing Covid 19 symptoms, or you are self-isolating for any reason, please do not visit our marina under any circumstances. Please stay at home and follow the Government advice. The same applies if you are required to isolate as part of the Government ‘Track and Trace’ programme.
- If you become symptomatic whilst visiting us, please let the marina team know immediately by email or phone and return home to self-isolate. This information is important, as we all have a clear duty to support the NHS Test and Trace
- If you are returning from countries abroad, please make sure that you follow Government guidance on self-isolating (where relevant) and self-isolate in your primary residence.