Dushara - £129,000
|Poplar Waterside & Marina
|View by appointment:
Very attractive and extremely spacious 60’ widebeam available with a fully transferable, Residential mooring at Aquavista’s wonderful Poplar Marina, right next to Canary Wharf.
Dushara has been very intelligently designed to provide light, welcoming and flexible accommodation for two people in the owners cabin plus two guests on her sofa bed and is being sold fully furnished, ready to move on board immediately:
- Kitchen/Galley: Amazing WESTAHL professional Chef’s gas range with 5 burners, two ovens, and extractor hood and all appliances including fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. This boat was previously owned and custom built by a leading chef/restauranteur and it shows! Extendable folding dining table and chairs are also included.
- Living Room/Saloon: New Lounge Suite in 2022 with Sofa/Sleeper and oversized chair, HD Smart Backlit TV and 5-1 Sound System, WIFI, HP Printer/Scanner/Copier
- Bathroom: Full size bath(!) and Shower, electric flush toilet, sink, heated towel rail, immersion heater
- Walk in wardrobe: Bespoke walk-in area with enormous hanging and drawer space, washing machine, and safe
- Master Bedroom: Double/Queen bed with yet more built-in storage, portable desk-top built into forward stair, double doors to bow, windows abound and skylight / roof hatch over bed, great morning views!
- Spacious Rear Deck: Perfect for entertaining or as a work at home office with spectacular views and protected by a canopy with great standing head room with new custom panelled canopy fitted in 2023.
- Bow Deck: accessed directly from the owners cabin – wonderful spot to sit in the morning for a chat over coffee or drinks at sunset with uninterrupted views of Canary Wharf’s stunning skyline.
Customs & Excise have reclassified boats providing live aboard facilities that have a Gross Weight exceeding 15 metric tons, which Dushara easily exceeds, moving them into the Ship Category. The result is that this category of ships are zero rated for VAT. This applies to any mooring fees and maintenance cost plus fuel. Dushara was approved and is therefore Zero VAT rated, giving you a savings of £2,800+ yearly, just another great reason for purchasing our Widebeam beauty!
The boat was built by Colecraft and purchased by the original owner as a ‘Sail Away’ with no internals fitted in 2005, all internal design and fit was carried out and completed by the original owner in 2007.
Current owners, one of whom is a successful marine architect, are sad to let her go and have maintained her correctly throughout their ownership. Full records and documents from the original owner’s build and all works and invoices from the original and current owners are on board and available. The current owners have sensibly invested in the following works and furnishings within the past 18-24 months:
- Internals redecorated, fresh paint, newly fitted side window hatch - 2023 (April)
- Externally hull and entire deck repainted 2023 (April)
- Hull bottom blackened 2023 (April) with new anodes fitted
- Engine & Generator serviced 2022 and 2023
- Custom Stern Canopy w/zipper doors & window panels, plus bow cover 2023
- Stern weather resilient seats X2 and table 2023 (June)
- New Dining Table and Chairs 2023 (June)
- New Fridge/Freezer and Microwave installed 2022
- New Lounge Sofa Sleeper and Chair 2022
- New HD Smart TV with Backlight fitted 2022
Poplar marina’s onshore facilities have been completely redeveloped in 2023 with the new onshore facilities including a clubhouse lounge with kitchen and TV for boat owners to socialise together and entertain friends and families. New showers/toilet suites, laundry and parcel rooms plus secure bicycle storage are all provided and car parking is optionally available. You don’t need a car as public transport is so easily accessible! The marina is an extremely secure community with CCTV coverage and marina access available only via fob activated security gates.
The marina has super fast transport links via the London Dockland railway (DLR) offering rapid connections to London City Airport and the City, the new Elizabeth Line direct to Heathrow and the Jubilee Line gives connections throughout London.
Canary Wharf, with its ever expanding range of bars, restaurants, boutique shops and major retailers is literally on your doorstep and this area of London is well documented as being at the leading edge of London’s arts and creative scene.
Early viewing of Dushara and the marina location and facilities are strongly recommended.
- April 2025
- April 2023
Hull & superstructure:
- Beta Marine
- Shore power
- Vitron Energy Phoenix Inverter
- Holding Tank
Please note: this is not a survey report and all pre-owned boats are sold without warranty.
The information provided is based on a superficial inspection carried out by us and information provided by the vendor. No guarantee is given or implied regarding the specification, but descriptions are given in good faith as could be ascertained at the time of inspection. Aquavista takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommend the use of a marine surveyor to establish the condition of the vessel.