Waterside Cafe General Manager
Sawley Waterside & Marina Café General Manager:
Reporting into Waterside & Marina Manager
Café Blue is a brand-new Café at Sawley Waterside & Marina. A real part of the community - we'll welcome dog walkers and tow path strollers, resident boaters, visitors and families in all the seasons. It’s the kind of place they’ll want to come back to for consistently good food and coffee and a warm welcome… beside the water.
We are looking for an experienced Café Manager to transform this new concept into the thriving centre of our marina community. It's a fantastic opportunity to be involved and help shape a new Cafe concept opening. You will bring experience of managing a coffee and food focused business, which will shine through in your ability to develop a crew that delivers consistently high standards of service.
Getting the right Manager is essential to this new adventure and there are so many great things we could tell you about working here. We could tell you how every single member of our crew gets healthcare; or that you will get the opportunity to earn a generous bonus each year. We could tell you how we offer a minimum of 33 days holiday, or the fact that everyone gets an enhanced pension scheme and life insurance. That’s without mentioning the free parking on site and the fantastic training opportunities.
But the bottom line is, we think that life is better by the water.
- To operate a friendly, inclusive, Café operation at Sawley Waterside & Marina.
- To achieve sales and profit targets agreed for the Café.
- To deliver a premium experience, ensuring that every customer receives the best quality food, drink, and service
- To create an exciting buzz and deliver the best service by supporting, motivating, and coaching your team.
- Day to day management of a vibrant Café operation
- To drive business performance of the Café
- Support, mentor and to be a direct report to Café staff.
- Effective supervision of all operating costs.
- Operate a safe and legal business.
Give off good vibes:
- Make every moment matter by being focused on giving the best-in-class customer service.
- Ensure every customer interaction counts.
- Be positive and show energy by ensuring you and your team display a positive attitude.
- Ensure the brand vision and values are adhered to and lived and breathed daily.
Get on-board together:
- Provide leadership and build a team at the Cafe which will enable it to meet or exceed targets and objectives.
- Ensure effective individual and team development.
- Identify coaching and training opportunities to improve individual and team performance.
- Recruit quality staff and ensure they receive induction training.
- Hold daily buzz briefings to communicate trading information, business development opportunities and ideas.
- Always create an environment of open communication
- Embrace diversity and inclusion, ensuring everyone respects each other
Make it happen:
- Develop and drive the café’s sales plan to achieve and exceed the overall business plan.
- Take pride, take accountability, own, and follow through any plans to ensure both yourself and your team are all working to the same goal.
- To consistently deliver the required standards, service and results, assess things with fresh eyes and ensure that process and procedure is adhered to
- Maintain compliance
Key skills and behaviour required:
- Proven track record with giving the best-in-class customer service.
- Lead by example and live the brand vision and values.
- Ability to communicate openly with the ability to influence.
- A self-starter who can complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to develop and motivate a team
- Planning, organising and flexibility
- Coaching skills
- Leadership skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Personal license holder
- Experience of managing a café operation
- Experience of food preparation
- 2 years previous hospitality management / supervisory experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Free parking
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Employee discount
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Discounted or free food
- Life insurance
Full time, permanent
From £24,000-£30,000 + bonus scheme
Apply to this role:
To apply for this role please click here.