Apsley Waterside & Marina
Take a look around Apsley Waterside & Marina
A hidden cove on the Grand Union Canal
On the Grand Union Canal, with excellent links to London, Apsley Marina is in a prime location. Enjoy the atmosphere of this modern marina, bordered by bars and restaurants and retaining a community spirit. In spring and summer, plants and flowers bring a sunshine feel to the marina and in the colder months, peace prevails. On the water, cruise through town and country to Cowroast Marina and Packet Boat Marina, both also on the Grand Union Canal. Apsley is a lively marina, and with secure berths and allocated parking spaces for residents, it’s a great place to call home or to enjoy on weekends and holidays.
View on Google maps
See the marina layout
Find us by water
We’ve got all your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with fob access, gates and CCTV
- All jetties are well-lit at night
- Well-kept environments
- Defibrillator on-site
- 24 hour emergency call out
- Laundry room with washers and dryers
- 3 toilets and 2 showers, open 24/7
- Free allocated car parking space for residential customers
- General parking available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, street parking nearby
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully serviced jetties
- Pump-out, fob activated
- 1 Elsan disposal point, fob activated
- Red diesel, gas, coal and log delivery available from work boats
- Excellent customer service
- Marina services
Your mooring options at Apsley Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings: 44 berths, great for spending holidays and long weekends on your boat.
- Residential moorings: 20 berths, for permanent waterside living.
- Visitor moorings: berths available for short term stopovers. Please book two weeks ahead.
- Winter moorings
Restrictions: unfortunately, we cannot take wide beams or traditional Dutch barges at Apsley Waterside & Marina. Please be mindful that you will need a CRT waterways key to operate the lift bridge to gain access.
If you choose an annual contract, either residential or leisure, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Residential mooring package
A residential mooring means that Brinklow would become your legally recognised residence and you could officially call it your home. You would also receive a host of other benefits including:
- A registered UK postal address and post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina, and you can use the marina address to register for doctors and schools etc.
- Free council tax when choosing a composite council tax option
- A secure parcel collection point for your parcels
- A 2000L Keter storage box to store your belongings securely, including your bikes.
- One free wash & dry per week in our upgraded laundry facility (Launching early 2023)
- One free pump out per month
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarket
Apsley Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in Hertfordshire and nearby
Apsley Marina is part of the original Dickinson Paper Mill and a must-do local activity is to follow the Apsley Paper Trail at nearby Frogmore Mill. If you are exploring the local area, don’t overlook Hemel Hempstead, which has a pretty High Street dotted with Tudor buildings, where you can grab a coffee or a meal, browse the galleries or go shopping for antiques. North of Hemel Hempstead, at Gadebridge Park, there’s 80 acres of cycle and walking paths, a children’s play area, a walled garden, and the remains of a Roman villa. Further afield, get your hiking boots on to discover the wide-open spaces, rolling hills and beech woods of the Chilterns, 20 miles away, or head into London by train to see the sights.
View from the Waterside Crew
Jason - Waterside Manager
Managing a great waterside location such as Apsley is a pleasure. Apsley is ideally situated and has great connections to surrounding arounds and London. This is a huge perk and is one of the main reasons our customers love and appreciate this location.
Apsley Waterside & Marina office is open:
Monday 9am - 10am
Tuesday 9am - 5pm
Friday 12:30 - 5pm
Saturday and Sunday Closed.
You can call us on 01442 979579 and we will be more than happy to help you or arrange an appointment to view the marina.
During seasonal and bank holidays our typical office hours may vary, please call the waterside office before making a visit.
discover the life
To moor with us at Apsley Waterside & Marina please get in touch
Call our Crew on01442 979579