Endless cruising possibilities
If you’re looking for somewhere with loads of cruising routes, you can’t do better than Wigrams Turn Waterside & Marina. Set on the junction of the Oxford and Grand Union Canals, you’ve got three cruising directions and miles and miles of open countryside to explore – the possibilities are endless.
When you’re done cruising, Wigrams is a great place to just lounge by the water. The grounds are really pretty – it’s got a few picnic benches dotted around, and there’s a garden for events and gatherings.
And, if you have friends and family visiting, they can camp by the water. Wigrams Turn has 10 camping pitches suitable for touring caravans, campers and tents, as well as five wooden cabin style ‘glamping’ pods.
You’ll be well looked after at Wigrams – the staff are a lovely bunch, and they’ll go above and beyond to make sure you enjoy your time by the water (and we’ve got the glowing reviews to back it up!).
Wigrams Turn facilities
We’ve got all your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with a gated entrance, CCTV and staff who live onsite
- All jetties are well-lit at night
- A sense of privacy for customers
- 24-hour emergency call-out
- Modern toilet and shower facilities, open 24/7
- Laundrette, open 24/7
- Customer lounge
- Ample parking and plenty of trollies available
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Dog walking area and dog shower
- Small chandlery and shop
- Summer fun day and other customer events
- Fully serviced pontoons with metered electricity and water
- Diesel, Calor gas, coal and logs available
- Pump-out and Elsan disposal
- Boat Sales
Caravan & camping site
- There is an adjacent campsite with 10 pitches catering for tents, caravans and campers
- There’s also 5 wooden-style ‘glamping’ pods, perfect for when your friends and family want to visit
At Wigrams Turn Waterside & Marina you are moored in a safe and secure berth with a range of facilities and a friendly team on hand to help, whenever you need them.
Your mooring options are:
- Leisure moorings - 225 berths suitable for narrowboats and widebeams and great for spending holidays and long weekends on your boat.
- High Use Premium moorings - call the marina your base with your own post box.
- Visitor moorings - secure berths for short term stopovers on the Banbury canal & Oxford canal.
- Winter moorings - berths for boaters who need a safe haven for the winter.
If you choose an annual contract, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme including 10% off Diesel and 5% off Gas
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
High Use Premium mooring package - JUST LAUNCHED
A HUP mooring means you get a whole bunch of benefits including:
- Your own secure post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina
- A parcel collection point for your larger parcels
- A 2000L Keter storage box to store your belongings securely, including your bikes.
- One free wash & dry per week in our laundry facility
- One free pump out per month
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarkets
Wigrams Turn Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in the local area
When you’re ready for a day on land, the marina is just a 10-minute drive from Southam – it’s well worth a visit. Along with a leisure centre, plenty of pubs and a load of shops (including a big Tesco), this pretty market town has some really interesting architecture to look at.
If you don’t fancy the drive, you’re only a short walk from Napton on the Hill, which is a lovely little village with a couple of pubs, a general shop and a post office with its own café.
For food, there’s some great places to eat right by the marina – here’s some of our favourites:
- The Kings Head in Napton
The Boat in Stockton
The Countryman in Staverton
Cruising from Wigrams Turn
Wigrams Turn is perfectly positioned on the junction of the Oxford and Grand Union Canals.
Oxford Canal - The Oxford Canal journeys through 77 miles of picturesque scenery from Oxford to Coventry. One of the things that draws cruisers to this canal is its unspoilt, peaceful route – it’s managed to avoid any large-scale developments, so not many towns have sprung up on its banks. The southern section is especially pretty – it’s stayed mostly unaltered.
Grand Union Canal - Spanning a distance of 137 miles with branches to towns along the way, the Grand Union is the trunk route of Britain's canal network. It runs from London all the way through the Chiltern Hills and up to Birmingham, with a huge variety of landscapes, wildlife, architecture and history to discover along the way.
Camping at Wigrams Turn Waterside & Marina
Wigrams Turn Caravan Park has 10 wonderfully sited pitches, suitable for touring caravans, campers and tents. It also hosts 5 wooden cabin style pods, complete with double glazed windows and doors, lighting and electric, making a night under the stars cosy whatever the weather.
We are a pet friendly site – however, with the exception of the dog walking field, dogs must be kept on a lead. Please respect that the marina is occupied by long term moorers and abide by the signage and terms and conditions.
Prior booking is advised as places are limited. Maximum length of stay is 5 days, unless authorised in advance by the Marina Manager. All guests are asked to check in at the Marina Office on arrival at the site. Arrivals need to be within the marina office opening hours. The security gates close at 17:30 and open at 08:00 every day.
Contact our friendly Waterside Crew:
Wigrams Turn Waterside & Marina is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm on Saturday and 8:30am to 3:00pm on Sunday.
You can call us on 01926 817175 and we will be more than happy to help you or arrange an appointment to view the marina.
During seasonal and bank holidays our typical office hours may vary, please call the waterside office before making a visit.