A place of calm in the heart of London
At Limehouse Marina, you're at the gateway between the River Thames and over 2,000 miles of navigable canals and rivers - it is your oasis of calm amidst the hustle and bustle of London. Located between the City of London and Canary Wharf, it’s a modern marina that makes a perfect base to explore the capital.
Limehouse DLR station is a short walk from the marina with trains to Bank and Tower Hill, where you can join the Circle, District, Northern and Central lines. On the water, you are connected to the River Lee via the Limehouse Cut, the Regents Canal, and the River Thames via a tidal lock which operates 4 hours either side of low water.
We have your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with key fob access pontoon gates and CCTV
- Pontoons are well-lit at night
- 24 hour emergency call out
- Waterside crew are first-aid trained
- Ensuite bathrooms and laundry, open 24/7
- Free high speed Wi-fi
- Customer lounge
- Waste bins and recycling facilities
- Secure bike shed
- Fully serviced pontoons
- 2 Pump-out stations
- 1 Elsan disposal point
- Refuelling can be undertaken via the visiting fuel barge
- Boat Sales
Your mooring options at Limehouse Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings
- Residential moorings
- Visitor moorings
If you choose an annual contract, either residential or leisure, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Residential mooring package
A residential mooring means that Limehouse would become your legally recognised residence and you could officially call it your home. You would also receive a host of other benefits including:
- A registered UK postal address and post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina, and you can use the marina address to register for doctors and schools etc.
- Free council tax when choosing a composite council tax option
- A secure parcel collection point for your parcels
- One free wash & dry per week in our upgraded laundry facility
- One free pump out per month
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarkets
Life on the water at Limehouse Waterside and Marina
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in London
Limehouse Marina is in a great location to access all the tourist attractions of London, as well as some lesser-known landmarks.
Why not visit The Museum of London Docklands? Telling the story of the local area, this attraction is less than 20 minutes’ walk away. Close by is Cable Street, where you can see the mural of the famous battle, watch a show at the world’s oldest operating music hall, Wilton’s, and visit the Museum of Jack the Ripper. For nature and wildlife, head to Mile End Park, which follows the Regent's Canal from Limehouse Marina to Victoria Park.
Other ideas for London:
- Walking and dog walking
- Canoe hire
- Considerate cycling
Places to eat:
- The Narrow
- The Grapes
Ethan - Waterside Manager
Limehouse is a piece of beauty and tranquillity amongst the hustle and bustle of city life, within easy reach of Central London making it an ideal marina for long term mooring or visiting the capital and its many attractions.
Limehouse Waterside & Marina is open Monday to Saturday 8am-4pm and on Sunday 10am-2pm.
Navigating into Limehouse
Whether you’ve got a narrowboat, wide beam or a sea-going craft, Limehouse Waterside & Marina makes an ideal base for exploring the capital.
An oasis of calm in the heart of the city, the metropolitan marina is surrounded by pretty streets, lined with shops and restaurants. It’s also your gateway to visiting the beautiful waterways and picturesque villages along the Thames.