Waterside life in London
Poplar Waterside & Marina is in a stunning location close to Canary Wharf and opposite the Millennium Dome in London. Situated on the River Thames, it’s a 90-berth marina with a high proportion of residential berths, as you might expect in such a prime location. You’re close to the specialist shops, restaurants, pubs and attractions of Canary Wharf, and central London is just minutes away on the Jubilee Line or the Docklands Light Railway. This modern marina offers a unique way to enjoy waterside life in the capital city.
We have your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with key fob access gates and CCTV
- All jetties have a non-slip surface and are well-lit at night
- Well-kept environments
- 24-hour emergency call out
- Six luxury ensuite bathrooms with underfloor heating and hairdryers
- Laundry room with commercial sized washers and dryers
- Modern customer lounge overlooking the marina
- A secure post room
- A secure undercover bike store
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Free wi-fi suitable for browsing
- External socialising areas
- Fully serviced jetties with electricity and water
- Elsan disposal point
- Boat sales
- Boat fuel and gas available locally
With high quality facilities, secure berths and a friendly team on hand to help whenever you need them, being based in a prime London location, Poplar is an ideal waterside location should you need easy access to London and surrounding areas.
Your mooring options at Poplar Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings
- Residential moorings
Restrictions: there are no access restrictions into Poplar Waterside & Marina. Please note when booking West India Lock a maximum of 7.2 metre beam can only be accommodated.
If you choose an annual contract, either residential or leisure, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Residential mooring package
A residential mooring means that Poplar would become your legally recognised residence and you could officially call it your home. You would also receive a host of other benefits including:
- A registered UK postal address and post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina, and you can use the marina address to register for doctors and schools etc.
- Free council tax when choosing a composite council tax option
- A secure parcel collection point for your parcels
- A 2000L Keter storage box to store your belongings securely, including your bikes.
- One free wash & dry per week in our upgraded laundry facility
- One free pump out per month
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarkets
Poplar Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in London
London needs no introduction, but our location at Poplar offers up some off-beat diversions. Billingsgate Market is close by for fresh fish, the Museum of London Docklands tells the story of the local area, and the Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory at Greenwich are just over half an hour’s walk through the Isle of Dogs and across the river. The Isle of Dogs itself is a peaceful escape from London life, with plenty of green spaces including Mudchute Park and Farm and Island Gardens. Of course, the full London experience, with all your favourite attractions, is also within a few stops on the underground.
You can call us on 0207 308 9930 or 07484521353 and we will be more than happy to help you or arrange an appointment to view the marina.
During seasonal and bank holidays our typical office hours may vary, please call the waterside office before making a visit.