A quiet spot in the heart of Nottingham
For a quiet escape in Nottingham City Centre with easy access to the River Trent, Nottingham Castle Waterside & Marina is the place to be.
Tucked away on the banks of the Nottingham and Beeston Canal, it’s a peaceful spot to moor up. In fact, it’s so quiet, you’ll probably forget you’ve got the city centre on your doorstep.
Available with leisure moorings and visitor moorings, our marina is just a mile’s walk from Nottingham City Centre. Along with all the shops, restaurants and nightlife on offer, Nottingham has heaps of history and culture to get your teeth into. Time your trip right, and you might spot a Robin Hood lookalike giving tours around the city.
With the city nearby, it’s hard to believe how quiet the marina is – it has a really calm atmosphere. For nature lovers, there’s plenty of wildlife around, too. Permanent residents at the marina include a heron and a cormorant, so keep an eye out for them while you’re here.
Nottingham Castle facilities
We’ve got all your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- The marina isn’t open to the general public
- A secure marina with a gated entrance, CCTV and staff who live onsite
- All jetties have a non-slip surface and are well-lit at night
- 24-hour emergency call out
- Modern toilet and shower facilities, open 24/7
- Laundrette, open 24/7
- Customer lounge overlooking the marina
- Ample parking with unloading bays close to jetties
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Fully serviced jetties with metered electricity and water
- Diesel, Calor Gas, coal and logs available
- Well-stocked Chandlery
- Pump-out and Elsan disposal
- Repairs and engineering facilities nearby
- Boat Sales office
Your mooring options at Nottingham Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings
- Visitor moorings
- Winter moorings
If you choose an annual contract, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Nottingham Castle Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in the local area
For a peaceful stop off on the Nottingham and Beeston Canal, come moor up with us at Nottingham Castle Waterside & Marina. It’s only a mile from the city centre, so it’s a great base to explore from. When you’re done touring the castle and walking around the historical Lace Market, you can head back to your boat and watch our resident heron try to snatch some fish from the canal.
There are lots of places to eat and shop in the city, but you don’t need to go that far – there’s some great bars and restaurants right by the marina, along with a big supermarket. For more shopping options, you’ve also got Castle Retail Park nearby.
Cruising from Nottingham Castle
Nottingham Castle Marina is located on the Nottingham and Beeston canal, so you’ve got access to the whole waterways network. There is lots of exploring to do around here. You can head to the tidal Trent, which takes you towards Newark – where our Kings Waterside & Marina is located. Or you can cruise down the navigational cut of the River Trent and stop off at our Sawley Waterside & Marina.
Contact our friendly Waterside Crew:
Nottingham Castle Waterside & Marina is open 9:30am to 5pm Monday to Saturday and closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
You can call us on 0115 941 2672 and we will be more than happy to help you or arrange an appointment to view the marina.
During seasonal and bank holidays our typical office hours may vary, please call the waterside office before making a visit.