The UK’s largest inland marina
In a tranquil setting, on a navigational cut of the River Trent near Long Eaton in Nottinghamshire, lies Sawley Waterside and Marina, the largest inland marina in the UK.
With a water space that covers 23 acres, lapping up against the green and natural borders of the rural landscape, Sawley is peaceful yet well-connected.
Here, you can explore the mighty River Trent, River Soar and the Trent & Mersey Canal, which take you through miles of unspoilt countryside, as well as being close to the cities of Nottingham and Leicester.
Life on the water at Sawley Waterside & Marina
We have your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with smart parking system and CCTV
- Jetties have a non-slip surface and are well-lit at night
- 24-hour emergency call out
- First aid trained waterside crew
- Laundry facilities
- Showers and toilets, open 24/7
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Free car parking
- Red diesel and gas available onsite
- Communal allotment space
- Cafe Blue - daytime licensed cafe serving breakfast, lunch and cake
- Fully serviced jetties with water and electricity
- 2 Elsan disposal points
- Boat Sales
- Third party marina services available on-site
Your mooring options at Sawley Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings
- Residential moorings
- Visitor moorings
- Winter moorings
Restrictions: we can accommodate the majority of craft up to 21.34m. If your beam is greater than 3.66m and air draft is greater than 3.05, we advise you to speak with a member of our Waterside Crew to help you further.
If you choose an annual contract, either residential or leisure, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Residential mooring package
A residential mooring means that Sawley would become your legally recognised residence and you could officially call it your home. You would also receive a host of other benefits including:
- A registered UK postal address and post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina, and you can use the marina address to register for doctors and schools etc.
- Free council tax when choosing a composite council tax option
- A secure parcel collection point for your parcels
- A 2000L Keter storage box to store your belongings securely, including your bikes.
- One free wash & dry per week in our upgraded laundry facility
- One free pump out per month
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarkets
Sawley Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in Nottinghamshire and nearby
Whether you’re here for a visit, a holiday or to live, the local area has lots to offer. Discover the natural beauty of the hidden heart of England at the Attenborough Nature Reserve or Elvaston Castle and Country Park.
This inland marina near Nottingham is a great location for shopping, eating out and visitor attractions. Leicester, Nottingham and Derby are all within a short drive, and for family action and adventure, the National Watersports Centre at Holme Pierrepoint is nearby too.
With great road links to East Midlands airport, the M1 and Long Eaton train station, Sawley Waterside and Marina pulls off that elusive trick of being well-connected while feeling a million miles from anywhere.
Buy a Boat at Sawley Marina
If you’re looking to buy or sell a boat, Sawley Marina is our main brokerage location with loads of boats to see.
We have many boat types for you to meet your fancy, from narrow boats and canal boats to wide beams, dutch barges, and river cruisers.
Just hop on down to the marina, we’re always here to help you find (or sell) a boat at the right price.
Or click the link to see our boats for sale in Nottingham.
Sawley Waterside & Marina is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Sunday.