A hidden gem of Lancashire
Linked to over 2,000 miles of inland waterways and just a short cruise from the mighty Wigan Flight, White Bear Marina at Adlington is a haven of peace and meets all your mooring requirements. Moor your boat and enjoy this peaceful space where residents and the Waterside Crew have created a natural oasis that regularly wins awards in the Best Kept Village awards. White Bear Waterside & Marina is the largest marina on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal and benefits from a good range of services and facilities, including a café. If you are looking for a hidden gem in a surprisingly well-connected spot, White Bear is for you. It’s convenient for the M61, within an hour of Manchester, Liverpool and Preston.
White Bear facilities
We have your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with access gates to pontoons and CCTV
- Jetties have a non-slip surface and are well-lit at night
- 24-hour emergency call out
- Laundry room with washers and dryers
- Shower and toilet facilities, open 24/7
- *NEW* dog wash facility
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Free car parking
- Caravan and motorhome storage
- Fully serviced jetties with water and electricity
- Pump-out, 1 token operated
- Red diesel available onsite
- Gas, coal and logs for sale on-site
Your mooring options at Whitebear Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings
- Residential moorings
- Visitor moorings
- Winter moorings
If you choose an annual contract, either residential or leisure, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme including 10% off diesel, 5% off gas, coal & logs and 20% off boat insurance
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Residential mooring package
A residential mooring means that Whitebear would become your legally recognised residence and you could officially call it your home. You would also receive a host of other benefits including:
- A registered UK postal address and post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina, and you can use the marina address to register for doctors and schools etc.
- A secure parcel collection point for your parcels
- One free wash & dry per week
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarkets
White Bear Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in Lancashire and nearby
Adlington borders the West Pennine Moors where you can enjoy fantastic walks and breath-taking views. The town is thriving, with sports clubs, interest societies and plenty of good restaurants and pubs. For the children, there’s a recreation ground just across the road. Further afield, watch Bolton Wanderers FC at the University of Bolton Stadium. It’s next to Middlebrook Retail Park, where you can also shop, eat, go bowling or visit the cinema. For a day out, visit Rivington Terraced Gardens or Pennington Flash Country Park, where you can enjoy lake walks, golf, a children’s play area, bird watching and some water sports. If city life is your thing, Manchester and Liverpool are both within striking distance.
White Bear Waterside & Marina is open from 1pm until 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am until 3pm on Saturday.