We are looking for a Harbourmaster to join our team at Cropredy Marina Banbury OX17 1JP. This is a fixed-term contract starting from 01/06/23 – 31/11/23
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to our current and future moorers, and the new team member will play a key part in this. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who can work flexibly within a small team and who is practical with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Activities include helping maintain the marina infrastructure, including pontoons and buildings and regular boat checks. You will need to be comfortable in a customer-facing role and be able to deal with phone calls, be computer literate and complete some paperwork along with general customer service skills.
This is a Full-Time role, including weekends and out-of-hours emergency phone cover on a rota basis. You will need to live close by (or onsite) to fulfil your work commitments.
To be successful, you will need to possess the following:
· Complete daily boat and jetty/pontoon checks, ensuring safety and updating information regarding occupancy.
· Provide quayside services to moorers and visitors: diesel, coal, wood, pump out etc.
· Process payments and paperwork for services.
· Proactively sell berths encouraging new customers to take up moorings within the AquaVista Marinas group and maintain existing customers.
· Reception duties, responding to customer enquiries in person or by telephone.
· Check and maintain stock levels e.g. gas, coal, logs, diesel etc.
· Carry out general site maintenance e.g. grass/reed cutting and strimming, perimeter fence repairs, weed control, jetty/pontoon cleaning and repair, pathway maintenance, pressure washing and maintenance projects.
· Assist the marina office with the allocation of berths.
· Carry out facilities checks - buildings and equipment.
· Carry out marina security duties including manning the marina mobile phone, outside normal working hours.
· Take individual responsibility for health and safety requirements on the marina.
· To be computer literate and be willing to learn bespoke marina computer applications.
· To be methodical and accurate in completing tasks.
Give off good vibes:
- Make every moment matter by being focused on giving the best in class customer service.
- Ensure every customer interaction counts and ensuring customer complaints are listened to, actioned or escalated to your line manager.
- Be positive and show energy by ensuring you always display a positive attitude.
- Ensure the brand vision and values are adhered to, ensuring they are lived and breathed daily.
- Carrying out any agreed work to the deadlines set.
Get on-board together:
- To cover other sites where needed if it is a reasonable request.
- Take ownership of any tasks or projects required.
- Takes ownership and accountability of any tasks or projects that you are given.
- Communicate openly, share ideas and collaborate effectively.
- Behave as one team to achieve the same goal.
- Embrace diversity and inclusion ensuring everyone respects each other.
Make it happen:
- Help to drive your site’s sale plan to achieve and exceed the overall business plan.
- Take pride, take accountability, own and follow through any projects.
- Ensure sites are running at full capacity and have the resources to drive performance.
- Ensure all administration is completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct Marina inductions for customer arrivals.
- Carry out any cash handling and takings in line with the company policies and procedures.
- To consistently deliver the required standards, service and results. To ensure that processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Organise fault management distribution accordingly.
- Maintain compliance and governance by ensuring inspections of routine and safety checks, fault management procedures and risk assessments have been adhered to in line with H&S legislation.
- Ensure compliance with SLAs and adhere to other organisations standards where applicable.
Give off good vibes...
· Make every moment matter
· We’re in the leisure business: make it memorable
· Be positive, show energy!
Get on board together...
· Behave as one crew
· Communicate openly, share & celebrate
· Respect each other
Make it happen...
· Take pride! Own it! Follow it through!
· Listen! Then exceed expectations every time
· Remember – detail really matters.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing or administration role.
- Basic ICT.
- Level C or above in English Literature.
- Strong email etiquette.
- Part-time: 20 hours per week.
- Salary £10.42 per hour
- Life assurance
- Additional annual leave, between 25- and 30-days holiday depending on the length of service, plus bank holidays.
- Access to an employee assistance programme
Vitality health care, plus benefits included in this package such as:
- Discounted Apple watch
- Amazon Prime membership
- Free Café Nero coffee per month
- Discounted Waitrose shopping
- Discounts at Expedia and Mr and Mrs Smith
- 75% off spa days at Champneys
- A free cinema ticket at the Odeon or Vue per month
- Gym discounts
- The list goes on!
Apply to this role:
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com