Glasson Waterside & Marina lies in a secure and well-sheltered location at Glasson, a working sea port on the northwest coast near the historical city of Lancaster. Here, on the wildlife-rich Lune Estuary, where the Lancaster Canal meets the sea, you can enjoy views north across Morecambe Bay to the fells of the Lake District and south to Blackpool Tower. With easy access to the M6, it’s a peaceful, unspoilt area. The opportunities for canal, river and coastal cruising make it a great choice for your weekend and holiday getaways.
Glasson Marine Services is our very own experienced team of marine engineers. They are there to help you ensure that your boat is kept or returned to the very best condition. We have a wide range of services and have over 30 years of dedicated professional experience in repair, paintwork, rigging and much more.
Scroll down and discover our offers.
We have your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with key fob access gates and CCTV
- All jetties have a non-slip surface and are well-lit at night
- Well-kept environments
- 24-hour emergency call out
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
- 4 showers and 4 toilets, open 24/7
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Free car parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Red diesel available onsite
- 50-tonne hoist
- Hard standing
- The Lantern O’er Lune and The Dalton Arms nearby - 5 minute walk
- Fully serviced jetties
- 1 Elsan disposal point
- Excellent customer service
- Boat maintenance services
- Glasson Marine Services
Moorings at Glasson Waterside and Marina
At Glasson Waterside & Marina, you have the peace of mind of knowing that you are moored in a safe and secure berth with a wide range of facilities. Our friendly team are on hand to help you when you need them.
Here are your mooring options at the marina:
- Leisure mooring: 156 berths, great for spending holidays and long weekends on your boat
- Visitor mooring: please book ahead to secure a berth for a short-term stopover
- Winter mooring: berths for continuous cruisers who need a safe haven for the winter. Please contact us to check availability.
- Restrictions: there are no access restrictions into Glasson Waterside & Marina. Please read how to navigate into the marina before your arrival by clicking here.
Please provide us with 48 hours notice for lock passage in or out of Glasson Marina.
We also have hard standing available here at Glasson Waterside & Marina.
Glasson Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Glasson Marina Services Offers
- 20% off labour when you have your engine serviced until 31 October (not including parts).
- Free mast lifts with any rigging job over £500.
- 15% off rigging parts and labour until 31 October.
- 20% off lift, pressure wash and relaunch (not available if you are coming out on to hardstanding).
* All offers are subject to availability, and parts are available for a limited time only.
View from the Waterside Crew
David - Waterside Manager
"It’s great to work with such a dedicated team with specialist boat painting skills. We are one of few spray painting experts and the standard of work put out by our team is always exemplary."
Things to do in Lancashire and nearby
Visit the historic town of Lancaster for shopping, an imposing castle and a riverside Maritime Museum. Enjoy the great outdoors, with the Lake District just 30 miles drive away and the unspoilt Forest of Bowland even closer. Here, follow the Pendle Witch Trail by bike or by car for a memorable history lesson. Along the northwest coast, enjoy an old-fashioned day at the seaside in Blackpool, see the famous statue of Eric Morecambe at Morecambe Bay, and get your golf clubs out for one of the many courses on England’s Golf Coast.
Navigating into Glasson
Glasson is a working seaport situated in the River Lune estuary. You’ll need to go through it to lock into Glasson Waterside & Marina, the pretty marina that’s the seaward terminal of the Lancaster Canal.
The sea lock to Glasson is operated by the port commission, and we’ve provided all the instructions you’ll need below. It’s a little tricky to navigate because Glasson is only accessible for 45 minutes before local high water. It’s well worth the effort, though. Once you’ve sailed through Glasson, an oasis of rural calm and tranquillity is waiting for you just a few yards away.
Glasson Waterside & Marina office is open 10am until 4.00pm Monday to Friday.