Leave the hard work to us
When the time comes to sell your boat, whether it’s because you’re upgrading, downsizing or leaving boating altogether, it can be difficult, both practically and emotionally. Boats are more than just possessions and we understand that. As your broker, we smooth the process, acting objectively on your behalf to get you a good deal, while ensuring you are happy at every stage. Our expert brokers, who understand every nuance of the market, take on all the work associated with the sale and aim to get you the best price in the shortest time.
Where can you sell your boat with Aquavista?
Aquavista can help you sell your boat in the following marinas:
- Sawley Waterside & Marina, Nottinghamshire
- Kings Waterside & Marina, Nottinghamshire
- Packet Boat Waterside & Marina, Middlesex
- Priory Waterside & Marina, Bedford
- Limehouse Waterside & Marina, London
- Poplar Waterside & Marina, London
You don’t have to be an Aquavista berth holder to sell your boat with us, but you do need to bring your boat to one of these marinas for us to act as brokers. If you need help with transportation, we can arrange that for you, and don’t worry if your boat is not licensed as it can be left with us on a trade plate.
Why use the Aquavista brokerage service?
Whatever your reason for selling, at Aquavista we help you to get the best price for your boat and we are at your side throughout the sales process. Here are just some of the benefits of selling your boat with Aquavista:
Outstanding value for money
- No sale, no fee – we invoice you only on completion
- For boats sold at Sawley, Kings or Priory for less than £12,500, we charge £750 +VAT
- For boats sold at Sawley, Kings or Priory for over £12,500, our fee is 6% + VAT of the selling price
- For boats sold at Limehouse, Poplar and Packet Boat, we charge a fixed 3.5% + VAT fee irrespective of type or value of the boat
- Free boat valuations
- All funds are held in a secure brokerage account for your peace of mind
Support and advice from our experienced brokers
- Boat demonstrations carried out by our qualified brokers
- Survey service, if you need it
- Assistance with finance, insurance, licensing and Inland Waterways Helmsman’s Certificate
- Assistance with boat transportation
- Help and advice at the end of a phone, whenever you need it
Stress-free sales with maximum coverage
- We’re easy to deal with – you don’t need an appointment, we offer friendly advice and we don’t put any pressure on you when you make an enquiry.
- You get great exposure for your boat, with immediate listing on two high traffic websites and boat viewings at well-known, busy marinas
- We handle negotiations to get you the best price for your boat
Once you are ready to sell your boat, the brokerage team take pictures of the boat and prepare sales specification sheets, which are displayed in the brokerage offices. We list your boat on high traffic websites, including the Aquavista brokerage website, as well as advertising it on social media. The brokerage team manages viewings for you, they negotiate with interested parties, arrange surveys and take prospective buyers out on demonstration cruises. Throughout the process, we keep you up to date on what’s happening, and we advise you about everything from legal and insurance responsibilities to practical details.
Tips for a successful sale
Read about how to prepare your boat for a sale, what you should consider before selling, and a host of other tips to help you sell your boat successfully.
We've also created a handy step by step guide to buying a boat - ideal for first-time purchasers.