Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales and Moors
Situated in an idyllic location, close to the Yorkshire Dales, Ripon Waterside and Marina is on the Ripon canal at Bell Furrows Lock, with access to the River Ure via Oxclose Lock. It’s next to Ripon Racecourse, and an easy stroll along the towpath into the ancient cathedral city of Ripon. A haven for rare wildlife, it’s hard to imagine a more perfect spot to moor your boat. Cruiser, narrow boat and Dutch barge berths are available for residential; leisure and short-term mooring, and visitors are welcome. From the marina, you can cruise along the canal into the heart of Ripon or along the River Ure, a quiet, picturesque stretch of water, where the nature abounds.
We have your practical needs covered with a full array of Aquavista brilliant basics that you’d expect from modern waterside living including:
Safety & security
- A secure marina with key fob access pontoon gates and CCTV
- Jetties are well-lit at night
- 24 hour emergency call out
- Waterside crew are first aid trained
- Showers and toilets, open 24/7
- Laundry room
- Refuse and recycling facilities
- Free car parking
- Communal outdoor space
- *NEW* Dog wash facility
- Fully serviced jetties
- 1 manned pump out station
- 1 Elsan disposal point
- Red diesel available on site
- Coal and logs available to buy on-site
Your mooring options at Ripon Waterside & Marina are:
- Leisure moorings
- Residential moorings
- Visitor moorings
- Winter moorings
If you choose an annual contract, either residential or leisure, as well as access to all of the facilities you also receive:
- Explore 34 – Free stop-overs at other marinas in the Aquavista group
- Moor Benefits – Access to our exclusive Moor Benefits programme including 10% off diesel, 5% off gas, coal & logs and 20% off boat insurance
- A choice of payment options – quarterly or annual
- Regular newsletters and surveys – We make sure you’re up to date with any important news about our marinas, and we love getting your feedback on how we’re doing
Residential mooring package
A residential mooring means that Ripon would become your legally recognised residence and you could officially call it your home. You would also receive a host of other benefits including:
- A registered UK postal address and post box - all your mail can be delivered to a lockable post box at the marina, and you can use the marina address to register for doctors and schools etc.
- A secure parcel collection point for your parcels
- A 2000L Keter storage box to store your belongings securely, including your bikes.
- One free wash & dry per week
- One free pump out per month
- Access to Vivup Lifestyle Discounts – discounts on lots of high street brands and supermarkets
Ripon Waterside & Marina photo gallery
Explore 34 – your free Aquavista stop-overs
We have 29 unique and special locations around the UK, and our Explore 34 benefit means when you moor with us on an annual contract, you can stay at any of our other marinas for up to 34 nights at no extra cost*.
Things to do in Yorkshire Dales and nearby
Ripon is one of the smallest cities in the UK. Marvel at the stunning cathedral, relax in the historic Market Square and visit the Heritage Centre, housed in Thorp Prebend House, which once played host to Mary Queen of Scots. It goes without saying that a day at the races is on the cards, but when the races are off, enjoy the spectacular wildlife and bird colonies on the racecourse lake and nature reserve. From Ripon Waterside & Marina, you can explore the Yorkshire Dales National Park and the North York Moors National Park, as well as the Howardian Hills, the town of Harrogate and York. And, an insider’s tip, there’s excellent fishing on the canal and nearby rivers.
Ripon Waterside & Marina is open 10am until 2pm Tuesday to Saturday.